Atomos have worked closely with the major camera brands to enable the starting and stopping of recording by automatic or external means. The start and stop record control on Atomos monitor-recorders can be triggered by the following methods:
- Home Page Touch Screen; By pressing Rec (Record) and STOP to end recording
- HDMI/SDI Rolling Timecode trigger; If the camera is Record Run mode, recording can be stopped or started by a moving Timecode via HDMI or SDI. When enabled the camera and the Atomos device will start and stop recording simultaneously. Rolling Timecode trigger is for use in older cameras with TC only & no trigger. If your camera is set to FREE RUN this trigger will start recording immediately. Please be aware that not all cameras have Start/Stop flags for triggering record, especially older cameras. In such cases rolling trigger in REC RUN will need to be used to trigger recording automatically at the same time as the camera starts recording.
- HDMI Camera trigger; The HDMI Camera trigger is available for supported cameras. There is a flag within the digital signal that lets the Atomos device know the start/stop record has been pressed on the camera. In turn this will trigger the Atomos device to start/ stop recording at the same time as the camera. Visit atomos.com/cameras to discover if a HDMI trigger flag is available for your camera
- SDI Camera trigger; The SDI Camera trigger is manufacturer-specific. You will need to select the appropriate manufacturer for your camera from the input menu. There is a flag within the digital signal that lets the Atomos device know the start/stop record has been pressed on the camera. In turn this will trigger the Atomos device to start/stop recording at the same time as the camera. To enable this set TRIGGER to the camera manufacturer in the INPUT Menu.
- Via LANC for Sony and Canon Cameras
- Via LANC serial port
Article is closed for comments.