Atomos regularly make free OS updates available to not only improve existing features based on user feedback but also to add new features for Atomos users. To take advantage of this you will need to know how to update your firmware. Its a very simple process - firstly in preparation please do the following:
- Check your products current firmware version by selecting Menu from the home screen and selecting the product Info icon.
- If Firmware on your unit does not match the current version found at https://www.atomos.com/firmware --- download and unzip the folder file on your PC/MAC
- Format a drive from our approved HDD/SSD list at atomos.com/drives inside the Atomos Recorder
- Make sure you have fully Charged Batteries or are on mains power
- Connect the Atomos Master Caddy Docking Station to your PC/MAC
- Power off your Atomos Recorder
Now you are ready to update the firmware
- Insert your formatted HDD/SSD into the Master Caddy Docking Station
- Copy the ATOMxxx.FW file on to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the HDD/SSD (according to Operating system guidelines)
- Insert the HDD/SSD into the Atomos Recorder
- Power the Atomos Recorder on from its off state
- Your Recorder will now update the firmware
- Once complete it will power itself off
- Power the Atomos Recorder back on and check the Firmware.
Your Update is now complete
If for any reason you do not see the same results as above or your firmware does not appear to have updated please check the following:
- Your HDD/SSD is on our recommended List
- Your HDD/SSD was formatted inside the Atomos unit before putting the firmware file on
- Your Firmware file has the correct name, if there are any extra numbers or different extensions this will not work. For Example: ATOMNJA-1.FW, ATOMSAM.zip will all fail. Rename or unzip the files to match the file name for the Atomos Product.
- Re-download the file in case the firmware has been corrupted
The video below goes through this step by step as well
How to Update Firmware on your Atomos Recorder from Atomos Video on Vimeo.
Article is closed for comments.