Preparing the Ninja V for HDR recording from the PS5
- Go into the Ninja V's Input Menu and set the HDMI Standard to 2.0.
- Disable Log/HDR (if previously enabled) and set HDR Auto to On.
PlayStation 5 Video Settings
- In the Screen and Video options under Video Output, set HDR to Always on. The other settings can be left in the Automatic state.
- In the System menu under HDMI, disable the Enable HDCP option. Since the Ninja V is a recording device that respects the HDCP standard, it will display a black screen if this option is enabled. Disabling HDCP allows you to record gaming content on the Ninja V, but the PS5 won't launch certain apps that can play back HDCP protected material.
PlayStation 5 Audio Settings
- If you want to output Stereo audio from the PS5 for ease of playback and editing support, go into the Sound menu and under Audio Output, set the HDMI Device Type to TV.
- To output multichannel surround sound (5.1) from the PS5 to the Ninja V, set the HDMI Device Type to AV Amplifier instead.
Ninja V Audio Settings
- To record the PS5's stereo audio output, check the Record indicator under Channel 1 & 2 in the Meters menu, and make sure Analog Audio recording is disabled.
- To record the PS5's 5.1 audio output on the Ninja V, check the Record indicators under Channel 1 • 2, 3 • 4, and 5 • 6. The Ninja V doesn't support Dolby audio encoding.
These steps also apply to the Ninja V+ & Shogun 7.
Article is closed for comments.