The NINJA V+ can be powered by the included AC-powered Battery Eliminator, or by using a compatible DC battery. If you are the owner of other ATOMOS devices, the batteries you have for these devices (NP-F/L Series) will be compatible with your NINJA V+.
Included in the NINJA V+ box is a Battery Eliminator. This connects directly to the battery slot of your NINJA V+ and allows you to connect the included power supply for an AC power connection. It is also compatible with the ATOMOS coiled DC to D-Tap cable.
To purchase a Battery Eliminator, visit the Battery Eliminator page on the ATOMOS website.
The Battery Eliminator is suitable for use with ATOMOS devices only.
We recommend the use of optional ATOMOS NP-F type batteries and the ATOMOS Power Kit with the NINJA V+. The NINJA V+ can also use standard NP-F/L-Series compatible batteries. Charge new batteries before using them, using a compatible battery charger. To attach the battery, gently slide it down into the slot until it locks into position. To remove a battery, push the latch to release it.
Choosing the right battery for your application
|5200mAh||4||Up to 2 hrs|
|7800mAh||6||Up to 3 hrs|
|Battery Eliminator||-||Continuous AC|
* Battery life tested during Monitor/Record 4Kp60 operation.
Before any type of disposal the battery should be discharged completely. Tape the contacts with electrical tape and package so as to prevent contacts accidentally coming together at any time.
Incineration must be performed by an approved and permitted waste treatment facility that handles lithium ion batteries. If you are not sure if your waste facility can handle lithium ion batteries, contact them and verify if they are permitted or not.
ATOMOS Fast Battery Charger (optional)
The ATOMOS Fast Battery Charger has been designed to rapidly charge NP-F type batteries, yet be lightweight so that is easy to travel with. To purchase an ATOMOS Fast Battery Charger , visit atomos.com/accessories/fast-battery-charger-power-supply
Fast charging of the battery is possible up to 80% capacity and the remaining 20% will then charge at a slower rate to maintain optimal battery life.
In the unlikely event of a charge error the first and last red LEDs will flash quickly.
Attaching a Battery or a Battery Eliminator
Once locked into position, NINJA V+ batteries and modular accessories are held in place tightly to ensure that they cannot work loose. You may have to be quite firm with the battery latches to remove batteries and accessories, so we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the force required so that you can do this quickly in the field.
12V-3A AC power supply
The included 12V-3A AC power supply connects to the Battery Eliminator to supply power to your NINJA V+. When you have an AtomX CAST connected to your NINJA V+, the power supply connects to the DC input on the AtomX CAST to provide power for both NINJA V+ and AtomX CAST.
DC to D-Tap Coiled Cable
The DC to D-Tap Coiled Cable is an optional ATOMOS accessory. It is designed to allow you to power your device from an external battery system with a D-Tap port. Simply connect the D-Tap connector to your power source.
To purchase a DC to D-Tap Coiled Cable, visit ATOMOS coiled DC to D-Tap cable.
Ensure that the output of the power source does not exceed 16.8V DC.